Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Delmarva Board Sport Adventures, a Milford, DE based Stand Up Paddle Board outfitter, along with Bay Health Medical Center, Milford Chamber of Commerce and Downtown Milford, Inc. are working with other Milford, DE health and fitness providers to develop and implement a new, seasonal community fitness program for 2011 that runs from April 30th (Bug/Bud Festival) to September (The Riverwalk) in Milford - 20 weeks. The program will be called Milford Stands Up for Fitness.
The founding team is looking for business / organization participants to share a health/fitness activity or training and/or information to share one of the weeks during this period. We are also looking for businesses to give a donation for an end of the program prize drawing.
- The program would be open to all Miford residents and business and activities will take place (when at all possible) in and around the downtown Milford district.
- Participants will get to choose from various health and fitness activities and information being offered around Milford each week (suggest Thursday) at a free or reduced cost.
- Weekly offerings will be posted on a central website, on social media outlets, and in the Milford Chronicle and Milford Live media outlets.
- Incentives will be available to encourage consistent participation
- Program sponsors will receive advertising, increased traffic and visibility and display a roaming Milford Stands Up for Fitness banner at their location during the assigned weeks
- Participants will be given a passport type program guide to be validated each week as they try different health and fitness offerings.
- Restaurants will be encouraged to develop and serve a Milford Stands Up for Fitness menu selection to encourage and facilitate healthy food choices.
Persons interested in participating can contact Janis@delmarvaboardsportadventures.com or at 301.651.0542.